Sunday, March 11, 2012

Spring Forward 2012

Not sure why I'm posting except to say that I really hate this day of the year. We actually "lose" an hour, as if I didn't already have enough to do in my life! Just the whole concept seems so wrong, so fabricated, so artificial and man-made (and I mean MAN made, not WOMAN made. We know that the original decisions to create daylight savings time was created by some genius male who didn't have to think about how it would affect our baby's feeding schedule or the elderly's insulin schedule. NO, the decision was purely made because of some kind of financial purpose. In may old (er) age, I have come to the realization that, whether or not I like it, money drives almost everything. Politics, laws, regulations, policies, even mandates at work which sound at first as altruistic are actually driven by greed and financial efficiency.

Anyway, whatever the cause or origins of the creation of Daylight Savings Time, I don't like it. Not at all. It's just wrong. I think I'll stay on God's Time and claim religious freedom when I get into work an hour late. Ha.

So, the days are getting longer and I don't feel like we really ever had a real winter. It never snowed much, not enough to really count. And that is one of the only blessings of Iowa, one of the reasons I liked Iowa: the four distinct seasons. So now, we are in that time of the year when everything is BROWN because there is no snow and the grass has not begun to grow. Ugly. This is an ugly time of year.

My MDD is still kicking butt, but a bit better. Thank the good Lord for Valium.

No comments:

Post a Comment